Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something...
The Archway Veritas Parent Service Organization (“AVPSO”) Board needs many volunteers to keep our community vibrant during the school year. No prior experience is necessary!
In order to receive email communications from the AVPSO, have access to the family directory or volunteer for AVPSO activities you must register your family in Membership Toolkit’s online portal.
We are currently switching over to Membership Toolkit for our volunteer opportunities and directory.
To sign up or access your account, please follow the instructions here.
- Access will be granted after June 1st
- If your child will be in kindergarten in the 2019/2020 school year please select “PK – Incoming Kindergarten” as your grade level.
- All new families in grade 1-5 – please select “INT” as your grade level.
- All other grade levels will be automatically “graduated” to the next grade level over the summer, but you will need to confirm your contact information and the teacher once school resumes in the fall.
Once you register you will want to download the app, which is more user-friendly than the website.
Membership Toolkit is also your central point of contact for volunteer opportunities. Volunteering time is one of the best ways to connect with other parents and to learn more about the inner workings of the school and its events.
We are currently creating online sign-up lists for committees and events for the 2019/20 school year, found in Membership Toolkit under “Signups.”
We ask that each family commit to a minimum of 3 volunteer hours per semester so that our community will remain united and vibrant and so that we can support the school and faculty.
LUNCH SIGNUPS ARE LIVE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER!
If you are an incoming family you may be interested in learning about some of the events that you will see on campus in the coming year. Click here for a brief overview of the major events sponsored by the PSO and the school. More info about these events will be sent out through MSA during the school year.
We ask that one or two parents act as Homeroom Parent for the year. This person will be a communications liaison between the student’s teacher and the parents of the other students in that class section.
This parent will also help facilitate class celebrations that the teachers incorporate into the curriculum. You can sign up to volunteer as a homeroom parent at Back to School Night in August.
If you are a new family please take advantage of our Mentor Program. A seasoned parent mentor will contact you over the next few weeks. Feel free to ask your mentor about ordering books and supplies, school protocol and procedures or anything else on your mind.
Dads, you are an important part of our community! Our Dads’ Club has been a moving force in some of our most important events. Dads’ Club is known to plan fun events and mixers throughout the year.
Please send a quick email to the Dads’ Club Chair to be added to the mailing list for updates on events and activities for the Dads: email@example.com
The hot lunch program relies on AVPSO volunteers to distribute food to students every day. You can register and order lunch for your kid(s) at HTTPS://LUNCHLADY.BOONLI.COM.
You will use the code: patriots1. If your child is not in kindergarten, please consider volunteering for this duty.
- “Spirit Wear” is apparel that features designs supporting Archway Veritas. Spirit wear will be sold online during a three-week promotion at the beginning of the school year.
- You will have an opportunity to purchase Used School Uniforms at various times during the year. These dates will be posted in advance. Donations of your student’s gently worn uniforms are greatly appreciated. Look for Uniform donation bin at the front of the school.
- Fingerprinting is required in order to volunteer in the classroom or to chaperone field trips.
As you can see, there are many wonderful opportunities for you to become involved at school and with the PSO.
Please contact any one of the officers with questions. Emails can be found here.
Please also attend our monthly General Board Meetings to stay apprised of the latest news of the PSO and the school. These meetings are advertised on the chalkboard out front.
Thank you for being a part of our school!