The health offices at our Great Hearts Academies are staffed by Health Assistants and Registered Nurses. In the event that the school health professional is not present, trained personnel will be delegated to administer medications and respond to medical emergencies.
Parents are required to submit an Emergency Contact Card with current health history with the school office annually. If your child is known to have asthma, severe food allergy, diabetes, seizure disorder, or any other condition that may require further management, please contact the school nurse to schedule a meeting before school begins.
- Parents should notify the school nurse of any changes that arise throughout the school year regarding changes of the child’s health status such as ; a new diagnosis; new medications given at home; surgery or hospitalizations; fractures or injuries; or communicable diseases in the child or immediate family.
- The state requires certain communicable diseases to be reported by the school to provide community assistance if necessary.
Questions? Please contact our school nurse, Mrs. Elkins at SElkins@archwayveritas.org or by calling (602) 489-7341.
- Medication Consent Form
- Health Office Information
- K-12 Immunization Requirements
- Allergy Action Plan
- Asthma Action Plan (Asthma Policy Information)
- Diabetes Action Plan
- Migraine Action Plan
- Seizure Action Plan
- 2019-20 Great Hearts Medical Manual for Families – Contains Medical Forms/Action Plans
- Great Hearts Health Services Manual
- Great Hearts Head Lice Policy
*In your enrollment/re-enrollment packet you filled out this form. If you need to update the information at any time please complete a new form and turn in to the nurse.